With more than three centuries’ lending experience, we are pleased to support our customers through every stage of life with flexible, bespoke arrangements.
A personal approach to borrowing
Our short, medium and long-term facilities are available on fixed or variable interest rates and in multiple currencies. We lend on an interest-only basis as, rather than imposing rigid repayment schedules, we will work with you to agree tailored lending structures. Interest roll-up may also be available.
Making the complex simple
We know how important it is to move quickly when an opportunity arises, and our independence and short lines of approval enable us to make rapid decisions.
Your relationship manager will work with our lending and mortgage teams to determine the arrangement that suits you best. Borrowing opportunities are assessed on a case-by-case basis. We take full account of all cashflows (capital and income) and are prepared to consider complex security arrangements.
"Our customers tell us they value the strong relationship they have with their relationship manager, as well as our flexibility, speed of decision making and understanding of complex situations. Nothing pleases us more than knowing we have played a part in helping our customers achieve the things that are important to them in life."
Head of Private Banking
- Residential Mortgages - to fund the purchase or renovations of primary or secondary residential homes
- Guarantor Mortgages - to help family members with early-stage property purchases or allow business owners to support their personal borrowing
- Multi-Property Mortgages - to fund multiple properties through a single mortgage facility
- Retirement Interest-Only Mortgages - to unlock the value of property for customers over 55 years of age
- Buy-to-Let Mortgages - to support investment in real estate
- Philanthropy Financing - to fund selected philanthropic endeavours
- Bridging Finance - short-term financing for property purchases
- Divorce Settlement Financing - funding to cover legal services incurred by divorce proceedings
- Investment-Backed Lending - lending secured by diversified investment portfolios held with a partnered wealth manager
- Debt Consolidation Financing - funding to simplify debt repayments
- Partnership Capital Loans - funding for partnership capital investments
- Inheritance Tax Loans - unlocking estate funds to meet tax obligations
- SIPP Loans - specialist, pension-backed lending to unconnected third parties
- We agree tailored limits to meet your day-to-day spending needs or as a time-to-time facility for peace of mind.
Read further information on overdrafts here.
- Individually agreed, these include BACS Liabilities, Performance Bonds and general Bank Guarantees
Borrowing is considered on a case-by-case basis and can be structured as follows:
Fixed Rate Loan
With a Fixed Rate Loan, the interest is fixed at the outset using a margin over the cost of funds (which is set on the day of acceptance and remains for the term of the facility).
Variable Rate Loan
With a Variable Rate Loan, the interest is set as a margin above the C. Hoare & Co. Base Rate (which is subject to change).
Bank of England Variable Rate Loan
With a Bank of England Variable Rate Loan, the interest is set as a margin above the Bank of England Base Rate (which is subject to change).
|Our Base Rate for borrowing is 3.00% per annum||with effect from 7 November 2008|
|Our Standard Variable Rate is 3.00% per annum||with effect from 7 November 2008|
|The Bank of England Rate is 0.1% per annum||with effect from 19 March 2020|
Please note the rate of interest payable depends on customers’ individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future.
Photo credit: John Phibbs