Privacy & Cookies
C. Hoare & Co. (“we” or “us”) are committed to observing relevant legal and regulatory requirements and employing appropriate security measures in order to protect your personal information.
Information that we collect
We may collect and use the following information about you:
- Information that you may provide to us from time to time including through our Online Banking service or when you register, subscribe to, request or use any of our products or services, or when you submit materials (such as CVs and covering letters) or queries to us
- If you contact us by any means, we may keep a record of that correspondence and information that you provide to us in that correspondence
- Information that you provide when completing surveys that we may use for research purposes, although you do not have to take part in our surveys
- Details of transactions you carry out using our products or services
- Details of your visits to our website (in relation to which please see the information under “Internet Cookies” below)
- For some products it will be necessary to collect and process information which the Data Protection Act defines as 'sensitive' (such as health information). In such cases we will always explain what information we require and why it is needed and you will be asked to consent to it being processed. Such data will always be processed and stored securely
How we use your information
General uses of information
We use information supplied by you:
- To confirm your identity and allow us to carry out checks in the interest of security and to prevent fraud
- To administer and maintain your account(s) and provide you with products and/or services
- To improve the products and services that we offer
- To respond to your queries
- To carry out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us
- To notify you about any changes to our products, services and/or our website
- If you apply to work at C. Hoare & Co. to process your application
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements that apply to us
- For general statistical analysis
Information used for marketing purposes
Products and Services: From time to time we may contact you by post and/or telephone to provide you with details of our other products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
We will not contact you by electronic means (such as email or SMS) about those products and services, unless you have consented to such contact or where such products and services are similar to those that we have already provided to you.
Events: From time to time we may contact you by post, telephone or electronic means with details of events which may be of interest.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer, in writing, at 37 Fleet Street, London EC4P 4DQ or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing your information
We will not pass your information on to third parties except:
- We may provide your information to our service providers and/or other persons that work for us to allow them to assist us with delivering the products or services that you have requested
- We may disclose your information to our subsidiaries which includes Messrs Hoare Trustees
- To provide products and services to you which you have requested
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your information with HM Revenue & Customs ("HMRC"), who may transfer it to the government or the tax authorities in another country where you may be subject to tax
- To help prevent or detect fraud or other crime
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of C. Hoare & Co., our customers or others
- In the event that we were to sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If the Bank (or all or part of its assets) were to be acquired by a third party, in which case personal data about you as one of our customers may be one of the transferred assets
- If you have consented to any disclosure to a third party
As long as we have not acted fraudulently or with gross negligence we will not be liable for any loss or damage you may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of us complying with legislation or the requirements of regulatory and/or taxation authorities.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please check their privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for third party websites.
Where we store and use your information
We may transfer, use and/or store your personal information outside of the European Economic Area and the laws of the destination country may not offer the same standard of protection for personal information as in the UK. Such transfers may be to our third party service providers to use and store your personal information on our behalf. We will however, put in place appropriate security procedures in order to protect your personal information.
Keeping your information
We will keep your information only for as long as necessary depending on the purpose for which it was provided.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via email is not completely secure. Therefore, if you use e-mail for communicating with us we cannot guarantee that it will remain confidential whilst in transit.
A cookie is a small file that is sent by a website to your computer or browsing device. It is used to store information that the website can use later. The information contained in a cookie is determined by each website. Typical uses of a cookie include checking when you last clicked on a link or last visited the website. For more information visit www.aboutcookies.org.
- Maintain your session when logged into Online Banking
- Track your session to ensure no interception of data has occurred
- To ensure that the Online Banking service and Mobile Banking service is safe and secure when you are using it
Correcting your details
We will correct any inaccuracies in your personal information that you point out to us. If you need to contact us in order to update your information please contact the Data Protection Officer, in writing at 37 Fleet Street, London EC4P 4DQ.
Requesting your details
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold on you. Should you wish to exercise this right please contact the Data Protection Officer in writing at 37 Fleet Street, London, EC4P 4DQ. There is a charge of £10 for this service.
Last updated December 2015