We would like to reassure our customers that Hoare’s bank is continuing to offer all necessary services.
Both the Fleet Street and the Lowndes Street branches are now closed. However, we have had strong contingency plans in place for some time, and these are being implemented successfully. Nearly all our staff are already working from home and, as from yesterday, we are operating a remote switchboard. Please note, however, that it may prove quicker to contact relationship managers by email than by telephone. If telephone conversations are necessary, we will of course return your call as soon as possible. Letters will still be answered, but it will be more efficient to communicate via email and use online banking or our mobile app for transactions.
We are confident we can continue to meet all banking requirements. We hope, however, that customers will understand if responses are a little slower than usual as staff adapt to new ways of working. Until further notice, please note that:
- Cheques paid into the bank will be processed weekly; this means you may experience a delay of up to seven working days before money is available in your account(s).
- Processing of new and replacement Visa cards may take up to two days longer than usual.
- Postal services may be slower than usual and statements may take longer to reach you; however, you will still be able to review transactions using online banking or our mobile app.
- All post should be addressed to the Fleet Street office at 37 Fleet Street, London EC4P 4DQ.
- Cashier services, including cash and foreign currency withdrawal are suspended while branches are closed; please use any Automated Teller Machine (ATM) displaying the Visa logo for cash withdrawals. If you require sums larger than the ATM withdrawal limit, please contact the bank.
If these interim arrangements pose particular problems for any customer, we will of course work towards individual solutions.
As ever, our thoughts are with all our customers, particularly those more vulnerable to infection and those whose businesses are suffering. Please do let us know if there is anything the bank can do to help.